Wales Tobacco or Health Network
The Wales Tobacco or Health Network is an opportunity for all individuals in Wales with an interest in tobacco and, indeed, with an interest in the wider determinants of health and health inequalities. Increasingly, the links between tobacco use and a range of other health and wellbeing issues are being further researched and understood. The Network will not only focus on smoking and tobacco control but also on the wider issues surrounding tobacco use. For example:
- The link between tobacco use and increased alcohol-consumption
- How tobacco use contributes to child poverty
- The link between tobacco use and mental health
- Ensuring under represented and non-represented groups are able to access health-promotion and -treatment services
- Addressing multiple-risk behaviours in young people
The Network is open to individuals and is not organisationally representative. Members are welcome from many of organisations and sectors, including representatives from academia, the community, education, government, healthcare, industry, local government, the media, the NHS, public health, and the private and voluntary sectors.
There are enormous benefits to joining the Network, and crucially, given the current economic situation, membership is free. The Network will exist to support members by providing and improving access to information, and by providing a forum for sharing knowledge and good practice, enabling members to learn from each other.
How to join the network
To join the Wales Tobacco or Health Network, please complete the membership form and return by one of the following methods:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 029 2048 5759
- Post to WTHN, Action on Smoking and Health Wales, 2nd Floor, 14-18 City Road, Cardiff, CF23 3DL
|Membership Form (DOC)||Download|