Training for your Business
Businesses for a Smokefree Wales
Helping staff to quit smoking not only benefits their health and their families’ health but can help your business make savings and add to your bottom line.
Action on Smoking and Health Wales can train up selected members of your team; provide interactive open days and information sessions tailored to your business needs. We work flexibly and can adapt to suit you. Our training is easily accessible and can be held at your location to ease any disruption to daily routines. Our trainers are fully accredited and have good experience of working with employees trying to quit across all business sectors.
Action on Smoking and Health Wales are a registered charity working solely in Wales, at present, and reliant on generating our own income so we only make a modest charge for training to cover basic costs (from £90) and you will be surprised how much return you will make for this small investment.
Great for teambuilding, corporate social responsibility and improving wafer thin margins.
The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) recommended that workplaces provide employees with support to quit smoking as a means of promoting healthy living and benefitting from reduced sickness absence and increased productivity (http://www.nice.org.uk/Guidance/PH5).
Did you know?
- 34 million working days are lost in the UK as a result of smoking related illness.
- 23% of the population in Wales are smokers yet over half would like to quit.
- Smoking is highest amongst the 25 to 34 year old age group; often business’ up and coming, and brightest, leaders of tomorrow.
- Invest in your own organisation and help them quit now, it will save you money.
- Do you really know how much smoking costs your business?
Contact us for a free evaluation of the adverse impact of smoking on your business. We can also provide a review of your smoking policies, contribute to health and wellbeing days, and provide training for your key representatives.
Advice and Support
Action on Smoking and Health Wales is leading the Businesses for a Smokefree Wales initiative and can provide advice, tools and support for your business and, who knows, there may even be some awards at the end of it all for those who have made the greatest impact in their workforce.
On our part we will provide:
- A unique tailored assessment of the cost of smoking to your business. This will show real financial savings for your company and staff and highlight how much you can save based on staff who quit smoking. Presented for both the staff member and the business.
- A review of your existing smoking policy and recommendations that will increase the quality of your policy and have a positive impact upon your business.
- Direct fast track links to workplace based stop smoking support services and guidance for your staff to help them quit.
- Publicity and brand positioning to enhance your organisation as a responsible business to be looked up to in Wales.
- Include your organisation in a case study with the opportunity to become an exemplar and potentially an award winner.
- Opportunity to network with other enlightened businesses across Wales.
Whilst Action on Smoking and Health Wales will provide this initiative at no direct cost to your business, we naturally will be appreciative of any support you and your staff may offer financially, through staff sponsorship, facilitation or gifts or services in kind.
We want to create a strong partnership with businesses in Wales. When you sign up to be a business partner with Action on Smoking and Health Wales your membership fee provides your business with the following annual benefits:
- advice on the impact of smoking on business productivity;
- support on making your business smoke free;
- a certificate to display at work to demonstrate commitment to reducing smoking rates;
- an opportunity to arrange for ASH Wales to visit your workplace to talk about smoking and health and routes to quitting;
- regular e-newsletter;
- opportunities to attend ASH Wales events and training;
- discounted consultancy rates from our partner organisation work2health.
We are a registered charity and, as such, we work tirelessly to fund ourselves to continue to improve the health and well being of the people of Wales. Sometimes we need a little help yet we always believe a difference can be made.
Current Business Partners
Work2health is a specialist international consultancy engaged in the promotion of health and wellbeing. Work2health is a leader in the fields of organisational development, public health and health promotion; the promotion of health and well being through the workplace and corporate training.
For more information about how your company could work with us, please call us on 029 2049 0621 or email email@example.com.